Easter season has come and gone and with it we have encountered the glory of Jesus. Resurrection power has indeed been unleashed in our lives as the truth of God’s word continues to transform us into the people God created us to be. There is no end or limit to what God can do in and around us! Indeed, one of the most enduring truths that we encountered this past Easter is that God is not done yet. There is more that God desires to accomplish both in and around and throughout our lives.
Here are some of the other Take-Aways that we have encountered during our Easter Worship series:
- God’s protection means the world does not define who we are or how we live.
- Relationships are worth the trouble. We respond to heartbreak, pain, betrayals and letdowns by choosing to love anyway.
- Loving the way God loves us means loving people who are different than us.
- Look at what segregates or divides us. Choosing to love despite these barriers is the greatest way to tear these barriers down.
- Advocacy is about using what we have so that the voice/plight of the powerless and forgotten can be heard.
- * “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.” -Proverbs 31:8-9
- “Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.” -Isaiah 1:17
- “This is what the LORD says: Do what is just and right. Rescue from the hand of his oppressor the one who has been robbed. Do no wrong or violence to the alien, the fatherless or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place.” -Jeremiah 22:3
- “If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.” -1 John 3:17
- Jesus once again meets them – meets all of us – where we are in order to embrace our wonder, disbelief, and joy and gather us up into the marvelous, surprising, expectations-defying grace of God.
- Jesus empowers us to: 1) Unleash forgiveness on this world and 2) To be witness to God’s amazing love.
- Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit – Filling us with the power to unleash forgiveness on the world.
- When we are afraid, confused, or simply find it hard to believe, the answer always is to get in touch with Jesus.
* * * * *
[button url=”http://www.alpinelutheran.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Summit-052118.pdf” target=”_blank” color=”blue” size=”large” border=”false” icon=”fa fa-file-pdf-o” btn_content=”Click Here to View the Full Summit”]