Learning to Live with God
This past summer we followed along with Moses as he and the Israelites learned to live with God’s presence in their lives. Here are a few of the highlights
- Holding onto our anger & resentment is not a good idea. It usually escapes in the end.
- Understanding our identity is important. Our identity shapes how we see ourselves and the world around us.
- Our actions affect God!
- Living with God = having a new identity.
- Living with God = having a relationship with God.
- We can’t live with God on our own terms.
- In systemic injustice – both the oppressor and the oppressed are enslaved.
- God desires freedom for everyone
- The church (through misplaced theology) has contributed to the oppression of those who are different than us. We can begin to change this by seeing people through baptized eyes.
- Sometimes God does not give us what we want because it will take us away from God
- God breathes life into us through our broken parts!
- Learning to Live with God = our lives are not our own
- Our lives are God’s treasured possession – not to be hidden or hoarded – but to be used as a canvas to proclaim God’s love for the world.
- Following God’s Commandments does not get us into heaven, make us right with God, or even make us more holy. Jesus did that two thousand years ago.
- Obeying God’s commandments
* Leads us to healthy relationships
* Makes it easier for us to hear God
* Allows us to fulfill God’s mission for our lives.
- Faith & Doubt go hand in hand because faith is about who you believe in not what you believe in.
- Do not abandon God because you have real experiences of fear, doubt, or loss. It is these important experiences that build up our faith in God.
- It is easy to take for granted God’s daily miracles in our lives.
- Live Boldly & Love Courageously
- For The Lord Your God Goes with You
[button url=”http://www.alpinelutheran.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Summit-091916.pdf” target=”_blank” color=”blue” size=”large” border=”false” icon=”fa fa-file-pdf-o” btn_content=”Click Here to View the Full Summit”]