August 11th Worship in the Park.
Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity to connect with other believers and enjoy the blessing of Christian Fellowship. (Please note, there will be no worship service at Alpine on Aug. 11th. We will gather instead at Swedish Heritage Park at 10:00 AM for worship and fellowship in the park).
Why is Christian Fellowship so important? The New Testament word for fellowship “koinonia” expresses the idea of being together for mutual benefit. Hebrews 10:24-25 shares this idea, saying, “And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another.” So Fellowship is a mutual bond that Christians have with Christ that puts us in a deep, eternal relationship with one another. It is an essential component for the growth of our faith. Below are 2 descriptions of Fellowship and 18 blessings/fruits that come from the unique fellowship that we have as followers of Christ.
“Aloneness can lead to loneliness. God’s preventative for loneliness is intimacy – meaningful, open, sharing relationships with one another. In Christ we have the capacity for the fulfilling sense of belonging which comes from intimate fellowship with God and with other believers.” Neil T Anderson
“The physical presence of other Christians is a source of incomparable joy and strength to the believer.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer
18 Blessings that come from Christian Fellowship 1
- You demonstrate a sincere love for Jesus. 1 John 4:19-20; Romans 12:9-16
- You receive the encouragement of harmony. Rom. 15:5
- You experience mutual acceptance among radically different people. Rom. 15:7
- You benefit from mutual instruction, encouragement and correction. Rom. 15:14
- You gain opportunities for joy, mutual comfort, unity, encouragement and peace. 2 Cor. 13:11;
- You use your newfound freedom for the loving service of others. Gal. 5:13
- You receive God-given opportunities to develop patience. Eph. 4:1-2
- You become aware of God-given opportunities to grow in kindness and forgiving others. Eph.
- You receive mutual encouragement and growth that comes from corporate worship before God.
- You demonstrate reverence to Christ. Eph. 5:21
- You put yourself on God’s pathway for cultivating spiritual growth. Col. 3:7-10
- You gain opportunities to see God’s answers to prayer especially in the lives of others. 2 Th. 1:3
- You receive confrontation from others, making yourself less vulnerable to the hardening deceitfulness of sin. Heb. 3:13
- You stir up others to love and good works, while being stirred up by others to love and good works. Heb. 10:24-25
- You gain many opportunities to put to death your judgmental spirit. James 4:11, 5:9
- You are freed to confess your sins to a brother or sister and benefit by their prayers for you. James 5:16
- You grow in humility. 1 Peter. 5:5
- You make the Gospel more visible to a dark world!
1 adopted from https://www.claytonvalleychurch.com/walking-closer-with-god/